Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Virginia Beach VA

Day 63, June 26 (later), Norfolk, Virginia Beach VA
I was so excited to do the last miles of the trip I did them at the end of the 63rd day. Still beautiful with some overcast skys and more decent roads to ride on including some bike paths leading up to Virginia Beach and on Virginia Beach Boardwalk. I did record on tape the moment of the last several feet of the trip into the water. 3,568 total miles and 173,104 feet elevation gain for the entire trip, but more of the extra effort was due to wind either in my face or side winds. Also reflecting back on how many road obtacles there were, including, animal and reptile carcuses, all manner of human discards and auto and truck part debris and only one tube replaced and one sliced tire. I feel very fortunate to have been able to make this trip and am proud of my accomplishment on my personal health challenge.
(28.4 miles, 746 ft elevation gain)
(Grand total for the east-bound trip, 3,568 miles, 173,104 ft elevation gain)

No comments:

Post a Comment